All 10 art Reviews

Booty Raider Booty Raider

Fantastic illustration. Your firm grasp of anatomy, texture, and form really seal the deal on this one. I'll check out your friend on twitch, too!

XavierStarr responds:

Oh wow, you're too kind. Thanks so much.

Forest of echoes Forest of echoes

Incredible.
Every single element serves to build on top of the fantasy world you've created. Everything from the graphic style, the contrast of your beautiful palette, to the brilliant textures, all add nothing short of pure value to this wonderful display of world building. Do you have any other works that depict the same fantasy world? I would love to see some more of this!
Fantastic job!!

themefinland responds:

Thank you! The image depicted here is actually a part of a dream a character is having. If you look at some other drawings I have done, many of the abstract pieces are dreams of this same character. So technically this scene you see here doesn't physically exist in that world. Majority of my personal art depict the world this character exists in, the drawings usually just show a small snippet or scene that has happened in that world though and don't necessarily focus on anything specific other than the things that inhabit the world.

Ded Ded

Love the line work quality and detail of the character. While the character's style and detail is fantastic and graphic, the background is the weaker part of the image. You are definitely capable of very impressive and awesome art, and if you put a little more into the background, it'll definitely be an awesome and stylistic sight! Enjoyed the concept of depth by making the background blurred out. Depth being added to a graphic style like this is rarely seen, and it's a cool, rare concept.
Great work!

PiffPaffPoff responds:

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still getting to grips with drawing landscapes in general, mostly just the perspective. I'm currently being forced to draw them for my GCSE's so I'll try making a new piece soon.

Davy Jones Davy Jones

Fantastic work. Great painted adaption of Davy Jones!

Tylerroyle10 responds:

Thanks!

Fire Elemental Fire Elemental

WOW! Incredible. Everything from the style, colours, and presentation is wonderful. You definitely deserve some recognition for the apt realism of fantasy elements you've accomplished.
Looking forward to more from you, hopefully more will follow!

ArtDeepMind responds:

Wow, thank you very much :)

Oh god more fanart- Customgirls Oh god more fanart- Customgirls

Love their stark contrast to reality and most character art. Selectively using red as a character outline is a very new and innovative way to present your character, and that's what will make it memorable for me. Although the fantasy characters you've shown appear as an evolution and reconstruction of characters similar to homestuck, or the "Hussnasty" style, you've managed to make them your own and add new, original concepts.
Definitely looking forward to your new creative innovations!
P.S. The Tumlbr link you've left has a typo :)

Great work!

ProjectNetoku responds:

First off, thank you <3 I've never actually read homestuck- If it's the middleman he just kinda looks homestucky by chance with the horns, sorry- everyone was just chibi'd for effect- the others are off my friend's character art so if they look odd ask him :D

Second.... SH#T Lemme fix that!!1- aaaand corrected ! :D thanks for tellimg me, ill recheck my other links incase.

Workout Chel Workout Chel

Love road to el dorado! You've definitely improved a lot since this work, glad to be in art school with your vegetative rear <|:)

Don't play with your food Don't play with your food

Very satisfying reminder of the beauty of pixel art!
Very vibrant and complex artistically, while also nostalgically familiar.
Great work with this gif, maruki!

maruki responds:

Thank you for your kind words!

Sea Lady Sea Lady

Love the graphic style and line weight. The drop shadow you've added solely around the character adds a delightful mystical extrusion from its background, as the water below it is glowing and doesn't experience the same shadowy law that the shadow experiences.
The texture of the background is a subtle contrast to the image's focus. Pleasant, but not distracting from the true idea.
Brilliant concept in representing a phantasmal creature with a pleasant facial gesture. It really humanizes what would likely be a terrifying creature to encounter.
Palette, of course, is wonderful. No colour clashes thematically, which depicts a strong grasp of colour theory.
Wonderful work, Rikert!

Friend Friend

Looks great! Love the contrast of your palette, and your strong grasp of human anatomy. The bright "speckles" add a wonderful complimentary texture to your brushed style, which drives the celestial theme home. The fantasy elements like the pointy ears and the free-flowing hair are visually obscured by its own style, which is a perfect mental recreation of a fantasy element like a mermaid. It's not locked into a firm idea of what a mermaid looks like, but it's a gentle reminder of what another world is. Awesome job. Looking forward to see more great art from you :)

artbycaiti responds: